Pokémon Go progress was full of ups and downs. The game was a total hit when it was released, but it still needs a lot of improvements and fixes. Every time a new patch and update there is always a bug or glitch that exists. However, we have to stay positive and focus on the good sides. The developer, Niantic, and their support team are communicating well with the users’ feedback especially to the bugs, glitches, and issues that the game has facing right now.
The last update introduces the new Pokémon tracking system which highlights the new sightings and nearby feature which makes the game more balanced. Well, that was not the end of the story. It seems like many users are demanding for a new content to keep them moving.
This issue caught the attention of the developer and a few days ago, Niantic confirmed three new contents are coming in Pokémon Go. These are:
- Pokémon Go Trainer Battles
- Pokémon Go Trading, and
- Pokémon Go Generation II Pokémon
Below are the details of the upcoming new contents in Pokémon Go.
Pokémon Go Trainer Battles Info and Release Date:
Trainer battle is the most complex update that will happen in Pokémon Go. We still don’t have enough details on how it works but assuming of what the previous Pokémon game, it will be a real-time head to head battle between two trainers. If you are familiar with Supercell’s Clash Royale, I think it will be similar to their real-time battle.
Here is the timeline breakdown for the development of the trainer battles:
- 2 weeks for product discussion and validation
- 1-2 weeks to create a technical proof of concept and architectural overview
- 4 weeks estimated development time
- 4 weeks for fixing glitches, bugs, and other issues
- 3 weeks of regression testing, architecture preparation, and User Acceptance Testing
Unfortunately, as most of the development time is caught up with current features and bug fixing, only a small portion of the estimated workload can go in parallel.
So we can assume that this feature will be available by around December 2016 or January 2017.
Pokémon Go Trading Info and Release Date:
This is one of the most requested features since the official release of Pokémon Go. Adding the feature to the game is not a new to the game since it is already available on other versions of the game. We believe that this feature will only be available to nearby trainers within your vicinity.
Trading feature development may take around 2-3 months and so, here are the timeline breakdown for this development:
- 1 week for supporting the current version, meeting, interviewing etc.
- 3-4 weeks estimated development time for the feature
- 3 weeks beta testing and bug and glitch fixing
- 2 weeks for regression testing and preparing the infrastructure
We may get this trading feature by around October 2016. Who’s excited to trade their Pokémon out there?
Pokémon Go Generation II Pokémon Info and Release Date:
Comparing to the two features mentioned above, Gen II Pokémon is the most awaited update for the release. Adding Gen II Pokémon in the game may sound easy but no, because it will affect the whole system of the game. Generation II Pokémon will bring some changes and balance to the current Pokémon we have right now.
Here are the changes and new Pokémon that we might expect:
- 100 new Pokémon and 86 new move sets
- Baby Pokémon will be introduced
- New and advanced mechanism for Pokeballs and Pokestops
- Introduction of evolution stones and separation of evolution lines
- Changes with the moves and meta which will comply with the upcoming Gen II Pokémon
Overall, the Generation II update will come after the release of trainer battles and trading. The development of this feature is not yet in progress, hence the estimated time is not yet available.
So for now, we can consider the estimated release date will be around May 2017 to June 2017.